Monday 1 October 2007

The rain in Spain falls mainly on Charlotte

I couldn't help letting out an involuntary snort of laughter when I read an article the other day attributing the abundance of meat in the Castilian diet to the region's "cold, dry climate". I've been here a mere 14 days and have experienced sunburn, 4 thunderstorms, 2 days of solid rain and a hailstorm with hailstones the size of ping-pong balls threatening to smash the rattly window of my ex-flat.

Just the sort of weather to make you stay inside and start making an ark. I got the pattern free with a magazine (I'll add a photo later) and it's amaaaaaaaazing. The plan is to finish it before I graduate and make an animal a month. Here is zebra 1 minus eyes and legs as straws and felt are hard to come by here...



Mr P 007 is looking rather swish in his bow tie but unfortunately his eyes are back in blighty. Not sure how to crochet a tiny martini. Any ideas?

2 comments:

dottycookie said...

Lovely zebra! I think I have the same ark magazine - from this summer? It does look like good fun, and so cute when it's all done ...

Anonymous said...

The zebra is looking good! Funnily enough they have been showing a photo of zebras pulling a cart on tv today from London zoos archive.